Use a selection of in season fresh green herbs to make this anchovy and herb mayonnaise. It can be used as a salad dressing for grains, as a dip for artichokes, and as an accompaniment to lamb or chicken.
When I drive alone I often think of the words to a blog post. I don’t get very far as my attention is more on the road and so the blog post gets ‘written’ up to the first two or three paragraphs. I decided to speak out aloud one day, and dictate the blog post to Siri. This was the result:
Really learn something about very good driving car 16 maybe sitting next to me in the distraction in a detection in the car talking to me
Now, Siri might be an intelligent personal assistant, but she is not good at recognising where to put the full stops. And I did not remember to add them in when talking my blog post instead of thinking it. What I was on about was how easily distracted I am by having passengers in my car.
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Anchovy And Herb Mayonnaise ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime Click To Tweet
I tend to lose my focus a little bit easier. I still concentrate on the traffic around me, but I might forget to turn. Or I cannot ‘see’ the map of the road in my head clearly. The first time this happened I probably cost us 20 minutes of extra driving. Had I not been trying to hold a conversation I would have remembered the alternate route. The second time was when I was trying to avoid the school run rush. I decided not to take the most direct route as there were too many cars at the robot. And ended up forgetting to turn into the main road. Which meant I was slap bang in the same road as the school. Two not so very good results. I did however have a very good result with this anchovy and herb mayonnaise.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
- 1 egg
- 4 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 20g fresh green herbs (I used flat leaf parsley, coriander and mint)
- 5mls verjuice
- 250ml canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to seas
- Place the egg, anchovy fillets, garlic, herbs, verjuice and oil into a stick blender jug
- Season generously and using a stick blender, blitz to make the mayonnaise *
- Adjust the seasoning and refrigerate to use as needed
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime March 19:
- 2017 – Let’s Play Make-Believe
- 2015 – Gefilte Fish
- 2014 – Aqua Marina Guest House
- 2013 – Doughnuts
- 2012 – Fettucine With Ground Beef And Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce