The first thing I baked for the Something Sweet challenge was a loaf of apple and spice bread. Well, the bread maker baked it so I cannot take any credit. Unfortunately the apples and sour cherries did not get dispensed but the bread is lovely as it is with some cheese. This recipe called for sultanas but I really do not like them when they are cooked and end up being soft. I tend to pick them out of savoury dishes when I can see them. I much prefer cranberries or sour cherries if I can find them.
- 210mls water
- 60mls apple juice
- 20mls oil
- 6.25mls salt
- 20mls brown sugar - I used fructose
- 750mls bread flour
- 30mls milk powder
- 2.5mls ground cinnamon
- 2.5mls ground nutmeg
- 6.25mls yeast
- 40mls dried apples, chopped
- 40mls sultanas I do not like sultanas and so used sour cherries instead
- Place the ingredients into your bread maker in the order listed above, from the water to the yeast
- Add the balance of the ingredients to the nut dispenser (or at the beeps if you don’t have a nut dispenser)
Click on the links for conversions and notes.