The past two weeks have been exceptionally hard, and part of what has been difficult is making the choice to put Maxine to sleep for the right reasons. I never wanted to have any lingering doubt that we had just given up on her. Giving up is so easy to do. It is what I sometimes feel like doing when business is bad, like it is now. But I know I cannot just give up. I cannot give up on friendships and I have never given up on a challenge, life or love. Some weeks it is exceptionally hard to come up with a pasta recipe – but Tandy Tuesday is ‘set in stone’ for me, and I cannot give up doing at least one pasta post a week. This week I am sharing with you a pasta recipe from January – it is not seasonal so it can be enjoyed all year round.
- 1 tablespoon basil infused olive oil
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 olives, depipped and halved
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 10g parmesan, grated
- while your pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a large frying pan
- add the tomatoes and allow them to warm up
- add the chilli and the garlic and cook till soft
- add the olives and warm through
- add the crème fraîche and make sure your pasta sauce is warm
- toss the pasta through the sauce and top with the parmesan
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
I am submitting this recipe to Presto Pasta Nights, which is being hosted this week by Juli of Pictures of all my Princesses