I was so inspired by Lindt’s new intense chocolate flavour – blueberry that I knew exactly what I wanted to do as my entry for the Woolworths competition. Many years ago I worked at the Hard Rock Café and our evenings often ended at sunrise the next day. There would only be time to go home and shower and change before the next shift was due to start. On those mornings I would indulge in strong coffee and blueberry muffins from the delicatessen next door. I remember the owner telling me that the best way to prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins was to coat them in flour. So, what better way to kill two birds with one stone – and make this recipe good enough to enter the NoMu competition as well.
- preheat the oven to 180? Celsius
- butter and line a cake pan
- coat 100g of the blueberries with the cocoa powder
- use the balance of the cocoa powder to coat the cake pan
- keep the 25g reserved blueberries to one side to use for decorating the cake
- mix together all the ingredients except for the blueberries
- fold in the coated blueberries
- pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 30 minutes
- allow to cool before removing from the pan
- take one bar of Lindt Blueberry intense dark chocolate
- melt in the microwave with 1 teaspoon butter
- pour over the top of the cake and use a palette knife to 'ice' the cake
- decorate with the blueberries
Click on the links for conversions and notes.