After testing a recipe for my review of Bake With Josh which did not work out perfectly I decided to make Blueberry Oat Muffins. I prefer to see the blueberries on top of the muffins rather than have them in the batter. This way they create a jammy like texture to the muffins.
On the 1st of September I had blog posts scheduled until Wednesday the 28th. I could go no further than that for the month as one recipe needed to be made again, and the other was for a challenge. Not having any posts scheduled for October was most unusual for me given how much travelling we do. I like to be a month ahead of myself and by the time we got back from overseas I was not even a day ahead. This clearly showed in my recipe for black garlic aïoli where my photographs suffered. Basically, I was burnt out. The last time this happened I reduced my posting from every day of the week to the schedule I had in September. We got back from overseas late on a Saturday night and the following week I made a cake to serve as dessert.
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Blueberry Oat Muffins ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime Click To Tweet
I also partook in a challenge which saw me racing against the clock, only to have the posting date pushed forward. The day our lovely house guests left to go home I lay down on the couch and slept until Dave got back from work. The desire to create a recipe for the blog, let alone cook supper had deserted me. And then we watched MasterChef The Professionals and the inspiration slowly crept back. I have set myself a task of creating 3 recipes a week. And I have changed my posting schedule. I am hoping by tackling this in small doses I will be ahead of myself enough to get me through to December where I will have the time to work on my recipe development at my own pace.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
- 125g rolled oats
- 250mls milk
- 250g flour
- 15mls baking powder
- 115g sugar, I used fructose
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 130g honey
- 60g butter, melted
- 180g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 190° Celsius
- Line a muffin tray with silicone / paper cases
- Place the oats and milk into a mixing bowl and stir to combine
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl
- Add the sugar and stir to combine
- Place the egg, honey and butter into a mixing bowl and stir to combine
- Add the oat mixture and the egg mixture to the flour
- Stir to mix until just combined
- Divide the batter between the muffin cases
- Divide and drop the blueberries into the muffin cases
- Bake for 30 minutes and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes
- Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime October 14:
- 2015 – Baked Risotto
- 2014 – The Family Cook Book
- 2013 – Salted Caramel
- 2012 – Nut And Seed Bread
- 2011 – Something Sweet Challenge: Buttermilk Or Soured Cream
- 2010 – Crayfish With Cheese And Mushroom Sauce