Using browned butter which has the nutty taste of hazelnuts, I made these brown butter hazelnut financiers. The taste was really amazing and I would so make them again.
Like any good food blogger I jot down recipe ideas as they come to me. Over the years I have accumulated a number of note books. I find the closest one to where I am at the time inspiration strikes and write down the name of the recipe. Sometimes I go so far as to write down the ingredients. But mostly it is a one word concept such as framboisier. Sometimes I page through the book and have no idea what I meant. Yesterday I decided there were far too many books lying around. I have a spiral bound notebook with lined pages and sat down and wrote out every recipe concept. I discarded one that I could not remember what the idea was meant to be. And I tossed out a few I know I will never make.
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Brown Butter Hazelnut Financiers ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime Click To Tweet
I have set myself a target of gettting through these recipes. Over and above my own concepts, I have recipes I have torn out of magazines. These also needed a good second look to see if I will ever make them. Over the weekend I went through these and found an article on 48 hours in Amsterdam. Last year when my friends were heading there I told her I would let her have the article. However, I could not find it where I thought I had filed it. Of course this is of no use to her now, but it might be in the future. Same as like the idea of using browned butter in a recipe. I kept pushing aside the concept of these Brown Butter Hazelnut Financiers to make other sweet treats. Browned butter has the taste of hazelnuts, so using them with the dry ingredients seemed logical.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
- 130g skin on hazelnuts, toasted
- 77g flour
- 2.5mls salt
- 110g butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 58g honey
- 3 egg whites
- 110g coconut sugar
- 35g skin on hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 205° Celsius
- Place the hazelnuts, flour and salt into a blender and blitz until fine
- Put the butter into a small sauce pan
- Sppli the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds
- Add the seeds and the pod to the butter and leave to melt over a medium temperature
- Once the butter has clarified and browned remove the pod
- Measure the honey into a mixing bowl and slowly pour in the butter while whisking
- Place the egg whites into a mixing bowl and whisk lightly to slacken down
- Add the sugar and whisk until smooth
- Fold in half of the dry ingredients until incorporated, then fold in the remaining half
- Once mixes in, fold in the butter until completely mixed
- Pour the mixture into a mini loaf tin that has been sprayed with baking spray
- Top with the roughly chopped hazelnuts and bake for 24 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly in the tin for 5 minutes
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely