The challenge this week was to bake biscuits or cookies. I have a cookie press but this recipe’s dough was too soft for the press. It is a sticky, sloppy dough but add a bit more flour if you need to.
- 125g butter at room temperature
- 180g sugar - I used fructose
- 165g flour
- 10g cocoa powder
- 15mls baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- preheat the oven to 150° Celsius
- cream the butter and the sugar together
- sieve the dry ingredients into the mix
- add the egg and mix well
- roll into balls and place on a greased baking tray
- press each one with the back of a fork
- bake for 12 minutes for soft cookies, and 15 minutes to make them more crunchy
- allow to cool before sampling
Click on the links for conversions and notes.