I love venison wors (sausage), it has no fat in it and has a deep flavour of wholesome meaty goodness. We usually make a tomato and onion relish to go with the wors and serve it with some lovely mash. But, for this meal I decided I would do a carrot and potato mash for extra veggie goodness. I must say that I love the sweetness from the carrots and think it would even work well with sweet potatoes. Venison always goes down a treat with a sweeter side dish.
- 1 potato per person
- 1 carrot per person, plus one for the pot
- 50g chilled butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- peel the potatoes and the carrots and place them into a steamer
- as soon as the potatoes and carrots are cooked, remove from the heat
- turn the stove off and place another saucepan on the stove with the butter
- rice the potatoes and the carrots straight into the saucepan
- you may have to add more butter at this stage
- season generously and use a spatula to mix everything together
Click on the links for conversions and notes.