This recipe for Chicken And Mushroom Pasta is to continue with the Tandy Tuesday theme of a pasta dish on a Tuesday. This simple and easy pasta dish is sure to be a winner. I used up some left over roast chicken so there was very little actual cooking to do. Chicken has become one of those proteins we eat most often. It is relatively inexpensive and freezes well. To that end I will go to our local chicken farm and purchase freshly slaughtered birds. Another ingredient you will always find in my fridge is mushrooms. In summer I buy whole button or porcini mushrooms and in the winter months when we tend to eat more sauces I buy presliced mushrooms which are cheaper.
- 5mls olive oil
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- left over roast chicken, chopped
- 15 mls crème fraîche
- handful of pea shoots
- while your pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a large pan
- add the mushrooms and cook until soft
- add the chicken and the crème fraîche
- you may need to loosen the sauce with some of the pasta water
- add the pea shoots
- toss through the pasta and serve
Click on the links for conversions and notes.