Chicken is a meal we could eat every night of the week. This dish of chicken with chorizo and tomatoes is succulent and spicy and will go down a treat. I am a very fussy chicken eater and like most people I know, I only want to eat happy chickens. We are lucky enough to have a farm close to where we live that produces free range chickens. The best part of this is that I can order the chicken pieces that I like. I am not a huge fan of chicken breasts and we eat more thighs than anything else. So, my shopping tends to reflect that. Close by the chicken farm is a shop where I buy my chorizo.
- 15mls olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 shallot sliced
- 1 chorizo sausage sliced
- 1 tin cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh basil, shredded
- begin by browning the chicken breasts
- once brown, remove and set aside
- cook the onion until translucent
- add the sausage and cook
- add back the chicken and the tomatoes
- cook for 40 minutes
- add the basil, heat through and serve
Click on the links for conversions and notes.