As you can see, I am on a chicken roll – it is comfort food, and perfect for casseroles in winter. My friend Cindy inspired the addition of the olives in this dish. Here I have made chicken with olives and sun dried tomatoes. I think you are either an olive lover or an olive hater. I have always loved olives and one of the most memorable experiences for me is visiting the south of Italy and seeing endless kilometers of olive groves. These properties are tended to by the owners and during harvesting you will see so many people beating the trees to get the olives off the branches.
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 15mls olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 125g mushrooms sliced
- 5 sun dried tomatoes sliced
- 30mls olives sliced
- heat the olive oil in a casserole dish and brown the chicken pieces
- remove and set aside
- fry off the mushrooms with the garlic
- add the sun dried tomatoes and the olives
- add the chicken
- add some water to provide liquid and cook for 40 minutes
- serve on a bed of rice and enjoy
Click on the links for conversions and notes.