This month, the Crazy Cooking Challenge is to make chocolate chip cookies. Being sucrose intolerant, this is one recipe I have not tried before, as it necessitates chopping up whole sugar free chocolate, and I have never really been bothered to go to all that work for a simple cookie. However, being challenged I set about searching the South African web pages for inspiration.
As you can see from my widgets, I am a yuppiechef and so I went to their online magazine and found an article on the science behind chocolate chip cookies and so used their recipe to create my sugar free version. I have a digital scale and it shows ounces and grams and so the grams in the recipe are the exact measurements. However, you can round them up / down to the nearest whole reading and it will work out the same.
These were made when I was still actively supporting Yuppiechef. Since then, the widget has been removed from my blog.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 113 g butter
- 141 g fructose
- 1 egg
- 169 g flour
- 2.5 mls bicarbonate of soda
- 2.5 mls salt
- 80 g chocolate chips
- cream the butter and the fructose
- add the egg and mix well
- gradually beat in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt
- stir in the chocolate chips
- place the cookie dough in some cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour
- preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- form small balls and place them on a baking sheet
- press the balls flat with your thumb – don’t forget to leave space between them
- bake for 8 minutes
Please see my Secret Santa post here for the season of giving!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…