In a perfect world, my life would run smoothly and everything would go to plan. There would be no last minute changes to my schedule and my life would be …… well boring to say the least! Even though I bemoan the lack of time I seem to have, and the fact that my ‘to do’ list is growing, I love the busyness of my life. I am celebrating the abundance I am experiencing my just going with the flow. As my friend Chantelle says “too blessed to be stressed”. I made a chocolate confectioner’s custard for my sfogliatelle and on a perfect blog, this recipe would have appeared first. But, I am far from perfect and so the recipe for the chocolate confectioner’s custard is being posted after I used it. Thankfully this custard can be frozen as I made for too much for the sfogliatelle. I foresee some chocolate soufflés in my future!
- In a medium size pan bring the milk to the boil
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla purée
- Then whisk in the flour
- Gradually add the hot milk and whisk continuously
- Pour the mixture back into the pan and over a medium heat, bring to the boil.
- Whisk constantly for about 1 minute, to achieve a smooth consistency
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate
- Mix until completely incorporated
- Immediately pour into a glass bowl and sprinkle caster sugar over the top to prevent a skin forming
- Cool down and once cool cover with cling film and refrigerate until needed
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
What I blogged: