I have often wondered how to share with you all the things that happen in my life that I do not blog about, but that are worth a mention. And then my friend Joanne started her Wednesday Coffee Talk and once again she inspired me. This Friday feature will not be a regular post, but it will contain snippets of things I have enjoyed or experienced that are worth mentioning.
- Last Saturday Dave and I went to the Outeniqua Farmers Market in George on our way through to Sedgefield. We got some amazing coppa, ate some fresh oysters and bought fantastic bread and cheese to take to my mother in law.
- We had lunch at The Bistro on the Lake situated at the hotel on Lake Pleasant. Despite us going to Sedgefield a lot over the past decade, we never realized that behind an unassuming gate was a hotel with villas, a spa and a fantastic bistro. We ate far too much – my R65 plate of pasta with peas, spinach and feta was so large, I left half with my mother in law for her supper.
- Dinner that night was at The Anchor Restaurant in Mossel Bay. Owned by Viking Fishing you cannot get fresher fish anywhere else in my opinion. The red wine sells for R65 a bottle, regardless of which one you choose and fried hake and chips will cost you R48. They have live music on a Saturday night with a big fire going and it is child friendly. Desserts are worth a special mention as the chocolate brownie I had was smothered in chocolate sauce and was divine.
- Travelling back, we stopped at Tredici in Swellendam for coffee. We have not eaten there but the food looks fantastic.
- We have been eating outside and using our BBQ a lot this summer. My new favourite way of doing corn on the cob is to leave about two thirds in the husk and smother flavoured butter over the exposed area. That is then placed on the fire for 15 minutes and is divine.
- Yesterday I was invited to attend a function with Freshpak where we were served lots of iced rooibos tea with different flavours, as well as canapés using rooibos. I was given a wonderful gift pack and when I got home I made a jug of iced tea which is steeping nicely in my fridge to be served to our guests tonight. I was invited to attend this event and my invitation did not require me to write a blog post.
What I blogged:
- two years ago – Crayfish Ravioli With A Bisque Sauce
- three years ago – The Tavern Restaurant and Pub, Gordons Bay