1. What is chicory also known as?
endive or radicchio
2. What is fricassée?
a stewed dish of white meat, most commonly poultry
3. What is Joulupöytä and where is this eaten?
it is a Yule table eaten at Christmas time in Finland
4. If you suspect that you have a cracked egg, when cooking eggs, what can you add to the water, that you are going to cook the eggs in, to close the crack in the egg?
vinegar. I add a toothpick per egg and this works!
5. What is “black Gold”?
6. What is Kefir?
a fermented milk drink
7. Pumpkins are native to which country?
I never guess these ones correct! North America?
8. What is Moroccan Kobz?
9. What is Patatas Bravas?
a potato dish served with spicy tomato sauce
10. What is SASSI?
Southern African Sustainable Seafood Initiative the cell phone number is 0794998795 and you can sms them the name of any fish and an sms will be sent to you with its sassi status – green, orange or red
11. What is Kobe beef and why is it so special?
it is beef reared in a special way – massaged daily, fed beer, brushed, and fed grain. this Japanese beef is highly prized. It is renowned for its flavour, tenderness, and fatty well marbled texture (and price)
12. What is a “Bento”?
a lunch box ensemble made of layers that slot into one another
13. What is Palmiers?
biscuits shaped like pigs ears
14. What will happen to a fresh egg when popped into a bowl filled with water?
It will sink