Here are my answers to Friday’s Food Quiz Number 25:
1. What is self-raising flour?
it is a flour which has a raising agent added to it. if you do not have self raising flour at home and need some for a recipe, mix 100g white flour with 3g baking powder and 1g salt
2. What does the culinary term “broil” mean?
grilling, usually on a griddle pan
3. What is Risonni?
4. What does Ras el Hanout typically contain?
5. From which country do bananas come from?
from Spain and Portugal – these areas introduced it into tropical America
6. What are Enoki, Portabella and Shiitake?
7. Through which process is gluten in dough developed?
8. What is the main ingredient in caramel?
9. Almonds are from the family of which fruit?
peach and apricot
10. What is a Croque Monsieur?
a hot toasted sandwich of a firm textured mild cheese and ham
I am in Port Shepstone and will return to Gordons Bay on the 12th of June – I will reply to blog comments then. This post has been scheduled in advance.