My favourite quiz is back this week! PinkPolkaDot has posted some questions, and here are my answers:
1. What is Larb and where did it originate?
both use sugar, eggs, bicarb of soda, flour, butter, and cream
3. What are two main ingredients of Caponata salad and from which ingredient does it get its name?
Caponata is a Sicilian speciality made of aubergines, celery and tomatoes, sliced and fried in olive oil and flavoured with capers, olives and anchovy fillets. * It would follow that it gets its name from capers.
4. What is Fajitas?
grilled, marinated beef, chicken or shrimp served with tortillas, sautéed onions and sweet peppers, refried beans, guacamole, and salsa **
5. What is the origin of Caesar salad’s name?
it is named after the inventor of the salad, Caesar Cardini, a Mexican restaurateur **
6. What are cruciferous vegetables?
vegetables whose flowers resemble a cross (cruciform) such as cabbage, broccoli and brussels sprout
7. What unusual ingredient is found in the Belize dish, cena molida?
8. If we talk about Hubbard, Atlantic Giant and Queensland blue, what are we referring to?
Squashes – like butternut (not juices)
9. What is “pepita” more commonly known as?
pumpkin seeds – these are one of my favourite snacks – I can eat them salted by the handful
10. What is glass noodles made from?
mung beans (I have some in my pantry)
* answer sourced from Larousse
** answer sourced from Recipe Encyclopaedia