It is Monday and I am doing Friday’s quiz posted by my friend PinkPolkaDot. Please see her blog if you would like to take part. Here are my answers:
1. Kimchi is a fermented condiment from which country?
Korean – this is thanks to reading Lara’s blog all about her one year stay in Korea, teaching English
2. Name three Asian greens?
Bok Choy, Choy Sum, Mustard Greens
3. If I talk about Fuerte, Pinkerton and Hass, what am I referring to?
Avocados – in season right now!
4. What is Tahini?
A paste made from Sesame seeds
5. Pad Thai is one of the national dishes of which country?
6. What are the main ingredients of Pad Thai?
7. What is Tamarind?
the tamarind fruit resembles a broad bean pod, and the pulp is used to make tamarind sauce by soaking it in water.
8. What is considered as the three ingredients of the Asian “holy trinity” in culinary terms?
9. What is the main difference between Scotch whiskey and Irish whiskey?
Whisky or Scotch, refers to whisky produced in Scotland and is barrel fermented in oak barrels. Irish Whiskey (notice the spelling differences) has to be fermented in wooden barrels.
10. Under what circumstances is Panga on SASSI’s green list?
I am still not convinced that SASSI is 100% right with its allocation of certain fishes to specific status’ but for Panga trawl bycatch is considered orange and linefished panha is green.