I am in the process of moving my posts from my old blog to this one. This Friday’s Food Quiz Number 7 is one of them.
1. What is a Rémoulade?
similar to a tartar sauce
2. What is Daikon?
3. What is a Mangosteen?
Fruit – only ever seen it in Bali
4. Is rhubarb a fruit or a vegetable?
5. What is cilantro commonly known as?
6. What is Nori and what is it used for?
seaweed sheets used for making Sushi
7. What is the hottest part of a chilli pepper?
differing opinions on this – the pith is actually the hottest, but some people believe it is the seeds. to make sure, remove both (I often cook with the chilli left whole and remove it before serving)
8. In which country are sculptures carved from radishes as part of the Christmas celebrations?
9. What does Tiramisu mean?
lift me up
10. What traditional English dish consists of sausages in batter?
toad in the hole
11. What are cêpes or cep also known as?
12. What is the main ingredient of taramasalata?
13. “Champignon” is the French word for which food?
14. What is the traditional flavour of a parkin cake?
ginger (thanks James Martin’s recipe book which I have read cover to cover)
15. How much does 200g uncooked rice weigh when it is cooked?
ha ha, I have never weighed my rice but if the Tastic advert is correct then 400g
Top of Page