Getting To Know Tandy
Dave from Hungry Healthy Happy recently did a blog post to help readers get to know him better. I really enjoyed reading this so I have done my own getting to know Tandy post.
COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE: A PERFECT DAY FOR ME WOULD INVOLVE THREE THINGS, WHICH ARE…
Waking up next to Dave anywhere in the world, enjoying a cup of coffee and reading while in bed. Anything after that would just make it better. What you should know is that nearly every day for me starts this way. One that ends with us holding hands as we fall asleep is even better.
2) IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ANY JOB TO DO FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I love what I do now as it gives me so much freedom. My full time job is running a branch of our family business in the Western Cape. I have grown this side of the business to an extent that allows me to travel and blog which is a blessing.
3) WHAT IS THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU’VE EVER BEEN GIVEN?
The best advice came in the way of a book – Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson. It taught me not to sweat the small stuff!
4) WHAT’S THE BEST GIFT YOU’VE EVER GIVEN OR RECEIVED?
I am not sure what the best gift is I have ever given. I hope each gift I give is received with joy. The best gift I have ever been given is when Dave chose me!
5) DO YOU THINK HEALTH IS THE KEY TO HAPPINESS?
Yes and no. Yes because if you are healthy, happiness can follow. But I think the key to happiness is love. Loving yourself and loving others. Another important facet of being happy is being grateful.
6) COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE: IF IT WAS UP TO ME, MY CHILD WOULD BECOME….
Whatever makes them content! I do not have children of my own, but seeing my stepson’s love their lives is the best thing.
7) DESCRIBE ONE THING THAT ANNOYS YOU ABOUT YOUR PARTNER.
The inability to never find anything they are looking for which means me having to look for it. And usually finding it exactly where I said it would be.
8) WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST DIFFICULT ABOUT BEING ILL?
I am very seldom ill, but when I am I find it difficult to do nothing! Being in hospital is the worst thing ever. Thankfully I have not had a hospital stay in a very long time.
9) PEOPLE SAY YOU’RE ONLY AS OLD AS YOU FEEL. DO YOU FEEL YOUR AGE?
Dave actually says he is only as old as the woman he feels! Given our age gap that is very young. And so you can gather, I feel young. I do not feel my age at all.
10) YOU MEET YOUR 15 YEAR OLD SELF. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE THEM?
Find a way to get through what is happening to you without losing sight of who you are. 15 was not a good time for me. My closest friend left our school, taking with her all my books! Long story for another day. But her leaving had a terrible effect on my social life at school.
11) IF YOU COULD RELIVE ONE DAY OF YOUR LIFE, WHICH WOULD IT BE?
My wedding day! I did not pay attention to our vows and I wish I knew what was said as I have been told they were beautiful.
12) IF YOU HAD JUST ONE DAY TO SPEND ONE MILLION RAND, HOW WOULD YOU SPEND IT?
I would start with making a donation to the charity my mother works with. Part of what they do is feed school children and no child should ever go hungry. I would also pay off all my debts. Being debt free in our economy would be a huge blessing. I would set aside some money to assist people I know who are in need. And to be totally indulgent I would go for a meal at our favourite restaurant (which is in Edinburgh).
13) IF MY CHILDHOOD SELF WAS TO SEE WHERE I WORK TODAY, THEY WOULD MOST LIKELY THINK…
Dude, how did you get here? I really wanted to be something totally different growing up! Reading books made me want to be a lawyer. Turns out you have to attend lectures to achieve that 🙂
Dave and I are on leave. We will be back at work on the 9th of January. I will start replying to comments then. I wish you all the best over the festive season.