GlassesShop contacted me to collaborate with them at the same time as my very expensive multi focal glasses become a teething object for a certain Boxer puppy who shall remain nameless. I was quite pleased with the offer as I thought a spare pair of prescription eyeglasses with distance lenses would come in handy. However, when this request was made in March they were not shipping to South Africa. This changed within a week and in April my glasses were sent to me via post. These finally arrived in my post box on the 23rd of May.
I did not have to go through the website portal to take up this offer but if I had:
- on my first visit I was offered the opportunity to have a 15% discount coupon sent to me via email
- the muskegon oval – purple/clear cheap glasses I chose cost $35.95
- the single vision distance lenses were free
- the clear lenses option I received was free
- anti scratch coating is free
- there is an extra charge of $8.95 which I could not ascertain what it was for
- standard shipping to South Africa is $4.95 (free if your order is over $49)
- Total cost $49.85
At today’s exchange rate the glasses would have cost me R780 which is what I would have paid here. The delivery time of 7 – 20 working days, excluding processing was not reasonable in my opinion. If I order glasses locally I would expect to wait 10 – 14 working days including the processing. The glasses came in a standard case with a cleaning cloth. I am super impressed with the quality of the frame. It has hinged arms and the next time I visit my optometrist I will have them adjusted. The glasses are comfortable to wear as is, and so far I have worn them for watching motor sport on TV. I could see myself ordering a pair of sunglasses with a multi focal lens to add to my collection.
If you order a pair of glasses from GlassesShop you can make use of the special coupon code GSHOT50. This will give you a discount of 50% off on eyeglasses and sunglasses with free lenses (sale frames excluded).
Disclosure: I was sent a pair of glasses at no charge in exchange for a blog post. I was not asked to write a positive review. This post is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged June 12:
- one year ago – Out And About
- two years ago – Potato And Butternut Latkes
- three years ago – Mo And Rose Bistro
- four years ago – Pears Poached In Red Wine
- five years ago – Friday’s Food Quiz