I wanted to make a Madagascan Green Peppercorn Sauce and decided not to use the recipe I have in Lavender & Lime. So, I turned to my copy of Larousse and made the peppercorn sauce recipe that I found there. Upon tasting it, all I could taste was alcohol! It tasted nothing like peppercorns and it had no guts to it! So, I started again, and the second attempt was a real peppercorn sauce, full of oomph and taste. This makes use of a béchamel sauce for the base.
- 1 portion béchamel sauce
- 30mls Madagascan green peppercorns
- chicken stock, for thinning
- 15mls Brandy
- make up the béchamel sauce and add one tablespoon crushed peppercorns and one tablespoon whole peppercorns
- thin the sauce with the chicken stock so that you get a nice pouring consistency
- flambé the Brandy and add to the sauce
- keep warm until ready for serving
- before you put the sauce into the gravy dish, make sure the sauce is thin enough, and add more stock if necessary
Click on the links for conversions and notes.