I always look for the positive in all situations, and even more so in ones that are not good. For instance, on the Friday afternoon I was supposed to cook with Jonathan Daddia, I was deserted by Robyn. Whilst waiting for her I met Hayley who sells the most wonderful Wasabi. This led to an idea and the idea led to a possibility. And if that comes to fruition, the wait will have been well worth it! In my life, there have been lots of bad moments but all in all, the scale is way up on the good side, and I suppose that is what counts. One of the up things is my blog – Dave now cooks with me and my kitchen time is spent thinking of recipes to share. Of course, some nights we have the old faithful pasta dish, but most nights we have something new and creative. These burgers came about as I did not want to serve up a plain burger patty on a roll, and I was not in the mood for meatballs. I used the lovely ingredients I found while shopping and this is what I came up with, a guacamole burger.
- place the beef, bread, coriander, seasoning and the red bell pepper into a bowl
- lightly whisk the egg and using your hands mix into the beef
- dust your hands with flour and shape your burger patties
- cover the bottom of a large frying pan with oil
- cook your patties to your liking
- melt the butter and brush onto the mushrooms
- cook them under the grill
- fry the quail eggs
- now assemble your burgers!
Click on the links for conversions and notes.