We always pay for our airline tickets with our credit card, and this entitles us to standard insurance cover. However, this cover does not include lost baggage insurance and so I take a top up for Dave and I. The reason for this is that to replace our clothes overseas would cost a fortune as not only is one Rand worth 5 pence, clothes are more expensive in England and Europe than here. Thankfully, up until this previous trip, we’ve had no reason to claim. Our luggage has been delayed (and we are covered for that), but never lost. Ash clouds have lifted timeously for us to not miss any flights and we’ve never (touch wood) had to visit a hospital in a foreign country. But, on our way out of France in May, Dave was pick pocketed in the men’s bathroom at Charles de Gaulle airport. It took us over an hour to report the theft and then I had to go about filling in claim forms and collating documents for the insurance claim. It took them from May until August to pay us out. The delay was totally unacceptable in my opinion, and I’m only grateful we lost cash after our holiday, and not at the start. Something worth the delay is infusing the milk to make this hot chocolate. Your patience will pay off in a delectable comforting cup of decadence.
- 250mls infused milk
- 50g chocolate (minimum 60%)
- Place your infused milk into a sauce pan
- Bring to a boil over a medium temperature
- Place the chocolate into a mug
- Pour the milk over the chocolate and stir until mixed
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
What I blogged September 17:
- one year ago – Wine Tasting At Waterkloof
- two years ago – Kiwi And Orange Sorbet
- three years ago – Berry Tart
- five years ago – Mayonnaise