Are you having a good Easter weekend? Dave and I were in Rome for Good Friday and we are now in Sardinia. If we were at home we might have some leftover hot cross buns and I would be making this hot cross buns pudding for dessert.
You might have read about my online shopping experience that was not going too well in the post for Chocolate Hot Cross Buns. Once I had sorted out the issue of my address, I tried to pay using my store card. When that would not go through I attempted payment via credit card. For some reason the payment process was not finalized and my order was cancelled. This meant starting the entire process all over again. And then the site would not accept my voucher as it had already been used. I sent an email to the company explaining my situation, and displeasure and two days later someone called me back. The voucher was re-issued and I placed the order again. Once more, the credit card payment would not go through. I eventually found a link on my order confirmation to process the payment and finally everything was in place.
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Hot Cross Buns Pudding ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime Click To Tweet
Two days later I received the goods I had ordered. As I did not actually need the one item I took it to the retail store in the Mall to return it. After waiting some time at the customer services counter I was told I had to go to another department to do the return. I had to wait there as well for someone to come and attend to me. The sales lady was not sure how to do the return for an online purchase and so she called the manager. Who in turn did not know how to do the return. She disappeared to make some telephone calls and I browsed around to keep myself occupied. Eventually I was credited for my purchase and could go on my way. Just in time as well as I had this Hot Cross Buns Pudding recipe to prepare.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
- Butter for greasing
- 6 hot cross buns, cut into quarters
- Salted caramel for coating
- 5 eggs
- 100mls cream
- 5mls vanilla extract
- Lightly grease an oven proof dish
- Coat the exposed edges of the hot cross buns with salted caramel
- Place into the oven proof dish
- Place the eggs, cream and vanilla into a mixing bowl
- Whisk until combined
- Pour over the hot cross buns
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 140° Celsius
- Place the oven proof dish into a roasting pan
- Fill the roasting pan with hot water to half way up the oven proof dish
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from the oven
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving
Dave and I are overseas in Europe. We will be back at work on the 2nd of May. I will start replying to comments then. I won’t be able to read any blogs while we are away so please forgive my lack of visiting back. You can follow our trip by taking a look at our holiday blog.
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime April 17:
- 2016 – Polar Loop Fitness Wearable
- 2015 – Win Tickets To Parklife Cape Town
- 2014 – Yoghurt Pastry
- 2013 – ‘Making’ Our Own Champagne At Weltevrede
- 2012 – Ginger Prawns On An Apple And Tatsoi Salad
- 2011 – Friday’s Food Quiz Number 51
- 2010 – Friday’s Food Quiz Number 26