Right, you are reading the title and wondering why I have put down Italian Pasta when all pasta is Italian? I created a challenge and the ingredients that had to be used were leeks, sundried tomatoes, olives and basil. I made rolls – flavoured Italian Rolls and with the leftover ingredients, made a pasta sauce.
- 2 rashers bacon, sliced
- 15mls olive oil
- 40g baby leeks, sliced
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 25mls sundried tomato pesto
- 25mls olive tapenade
- 25mls basil pesto
- 125mls chicken stock
- 15mls cream
- lightly fry the bacon until the fat has rendered down
- add the olive oil to the pan and sautée the leeks
- add the mushrooms and cook until soft
- add the sundried tomato pesto, olive tapenade, basil pesto and stock
- add the cream before serving
Click on the links for conversions and notes.