I feel quite honoured to have been nominated for this Liebster Award from Rachel who blogs over at Rachel’s Kitchen because she has put me in a list with two of my favourite bloggers, Lorraine and Joanne. Here are the answers to Rachel’s questions.
- Sweet or Savoury? Life is too short to give up dessert so from that it has to be sweet!
- Beach or Snow? We live 500m from the beach and go for walks in the evenings, sometimes with all three dogs! So, beach for sure.
- Most memorable meal – where, when and what was the occasion (if you can tell)? Lunch at Tom Kitchin’s Restaurant, The Kitchin in Edinburgh is the most memorable meal for both Dave and I and not just for the brilliant service and the excellent food, but because Tom came out to talk to me! That said, every meal we have at 96 Winery Road is made special by Alan, Natasha and their staff and I can tell you every occasion we have eaten at Waterkloof as Greg always amazes me with his food.
- A childhood food memory? Roast chicken eaten at my Grandmother!
- Apart from the essentials what is your favourite piece of kitchen equipment or gadget? My Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer – I have a huge collection of attachments and use it every week
- Your favourite novel? A Bridge Across Forever by Richard Bach
- Your favourite cookbook or books – if you have more than one? Larousse Gastronomique
- Your favourite ingredient? If I had to choose only one it would be chicken
- Your least favourite food? I really eat anything and everything but I refuse to eat processed meat
- What piece of equipment or gadget do you have in your kitchen that you never use? I have learnt to give away what I don’t use so I can tell you that everything in my kitchen is used, some of the items not as often as others. My least used item is my juicer as it does not have it’s own space in my kitchen
I am not going to pay it forward by mentioning specific bloggers. But, if you would like to answer these same questions on your blog please do so, and link back to this post and to Rachel.
What I blogged:
- two years ago – Edible Flowers
I am on leave until the 8th of January. I will start replying to blog comments then.