I mistakingly did not close the freezer door properly, and ended up defrosting the entire contents. We keep some crayfish tails in the freezer so that out of season we can still enjoy the fruits of Dave’s labour. I paged through my Lobster cook book and this is the recipe we chose.
- melt the butter in a sauté pan over a moderate heat
- add the garlic, spring onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper and saffron
- cook until the spring onions are translucent
- add the crayfish and cook until nearly done
- flambé with the Brandy
- cook gently until the crayfish are heated through
- place the rice on the plate, add the chives, then the crayfish, spoon over some sauce and serve with the lemon wedge
Click on the links for conversions and notes.