There was a debate a while ago between journalists and food bloggers as to whom deserves the ‘airspace’ more! Personally, I find it childish and pathetic and wonder why there cannot be space for all of us in the world. In fact, I know some journalists who blog, and some bloggers who contribute to magazines. Then, the next point is made by a food blogger who thinks there is no space for those of us that blog for the love of blogging. She thinks there is some ulterior motivation for people who blog. Frankly my dear, I don’t give a crumb (with thanks to Gone with the Wind). I blog because I love to share my recipes with anyone who wants to read them. I type a story at the start, because I like to share my feelings and thoughts and observations. This is my space to say what I want to about everything and anything. I want to be able to eat at a restaurant and say honestly what I liked and disliked about the place and the food and the service. I want to offer an opinion about a product without someone accusing me of being paid to say the words. I will tell you when I get a freebie, and know this, I have turned down a few offers! I feel that if you blog with honesty and integrity the world is your oyster and I hope that each one of us finds a string of pearls. For the rest of you, who think you are above us because you are famous, or published (oh, I forgot, so am I) or have done some amazing things in the food world, please go and marinade in your own juices!
- 250g feta cheese, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 small bunch thyme, leaves stripped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 400mls olive oil
- put the feta, thyme, zest, capers and peppercorns into a bowl and mix gently
- spoon the mixture and the shallots into sterilized glass jars
- top with olive oil and make sure the feta sits below the oil
- leave to marinade in a cool dark place for 2 weeks before using
- you can keep this for 6 months, so don’t forget to date the jars!
- to serve remove from the oil and leave to stand at room temperature for an hour
For conversions click here