Belonging to The Secret Recipe Club means that once a month I get to read a whole lot of new blogs. Some of them then become regular places to visit and others I might not see again for a while. In May of 2012 I found a recipe for raspberry jam with ginger and chilli on Mangia and I printed the recipe off and left it on my fridge. In my December holidays I worked through my pile of recipes in my to do ‘file’ and thisMixed Berry Jam With Ginger And Lime recipe was one of the first I made. I had bought frozen mixed berries to use for a photograph and decided to adapt this recipe and make the jam with them. I could not stop licking the spoon while making it. I like that it made one jar of jam as that means I get to enjoy this flavour and I can experiment with other flavours sooner rather than later.
Do you make your own jams?
- 250g frozen berries
- 60g honey
- 15mls lime juice
- 2.5cm root ginger, grated
- Put all of the ingredients into a medium sized saucepan
- Put the heat on high and as soon as the berries have defrosted mash them lightly with a potato masher
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Stir occasionally
- Put into a sterilized glass jar, put the lid on and turn to mix
- Allow to cool before refrigerating
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
What I blogged: