Mixed seed crackers have been all the rage this year at gym, with it being a low carbohydrate snack that is not only good for you, but tasty as well. I like mine with smoked paprika, but any spice will work. Head straight on to the recipe ♥
It really is the simple things in life that make my heart sing. When I bought my first home I really wanted a spa bath. To me, the ultimate treat is reading my book and drinking a cup of coffee while the jets do their thing. Dave was convinced we would move before the year was out, and he advised me not to replace my bath. Four years later we eventually moved down to Gordons Bay and rented a town house. We had planned on being there a year, but it took us 4 more years before we moved into the cottage. And then a lot more time went by before the house started taking shape. Eventually I got my spa bath, and weather permitting I enjoy the bliss of the bubbles. We have a solar powered geyser which is not heating to its full capacity at present. This is because we need to create heat exchanges for the hot water. To this end, in summer we will have a heated pool, and in winter the floor in our lounge and bathroom will be heated. The pool was dug, lined and filled in the second week in December and I have loved every minute of just being able to sit in it! Such a simple thing as being in water makes me so happy! What small thing makes you happy?
- 125g mixed seeds, I used sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and lin -seeds
- 165mls water
- 1.25mls flaked salt
- 2.5mls smoked paprika
- Place the seeds into a bowl
- Add the salt and paprika and stir
- Add the water and cover with cling film
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160° Celsius
- Place the mixture onto a lined baking tray
- Flatten out with the back of a spatula to about 2mm thick
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Leave to cool on the tray before breaking apart
- Store in an air tight container
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
What I blogged December 24:
- one year ago – Oakhurst Guesthouse
- two years ago – Crêpes Filled With An Orange-Infused Chocolate Mousse
- three years ago – Merry Christmas
I am on leave until the 11th of January. I will reply to comments on my posts when I can during the holidays. For those of you celebrating, may your Christmas holiday be a meaningful celebration.