This Moroccan tomato salad was the perfect side dish to the Spanish chicken we were having for dinner. The preserved limes added the perfect tang to make this worth making two nights in a row. Head straight on to the recipe ♥
I don’t have the best peripheral vision which means that I often walk into tables. Of course it’s the corner that knocks my thigh and I always have bruises on my upper legs. My shins don’t fare much better as I walk into anything left lying around the workshop or the open drawers of my desk. I navigate by memory and so really felt stupid when I fell at gym. I changed my routine to get 2 days training done in one go. Instead of walking around a set of machines like I usually do, I walked between them. My foot caught the bottom of the inner thigh foot rest and I landed face first on the floor. My knees and cheek have carpet burns and my head made enough of a noise for people to notice the tumble. Thankfully the owner of our gym has ice packs in the freezer and I walked around with it like a huge old fashioned mobile phone was attached to my ear. We got home and I took medication for the headache and pain and arnica for the bruising. Thankfully I don’t have a black eye. But my cheek bone was sensitive to the touch for more than a week.
Are you prone to walking into things?
Moroccan Tomato Salad
- Place the tomatoes and preserved lime into a bowl
- Place the olive oil, lime juice and paprika into a mixing bowl
- Whisk to combine
- Season to taste
- Pour 30mls of the dressing over the salad, reserve the rest for another day or add more to the salad when serving
- Toss the salad to combine
- Cover and set aside for 30 minutes
- Add the parsley and coriander and toss to combine just before serving
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
What I blogged January 11: