Lorraine describes this as her quick fix meal. I think of it as a great way to carbo load before going to gym. Which ever way you think of it, mug pizza bianca is a great way to prepare and eat lunch at work or when you are in a rush.
While we are on the subject of things that irritate me on blogs, another bugbear is automatically signing me up for anything. Whether this is reply comments via email or a subscription, it bothers me. Usually the little tick box is right under the comments and barely noticeable. I did not notice this on one particular blog and could not understand why I started receiving emails in response to my comments. This happened at the same time as I got my iPad and in error I sent one of the replies to my spam folder. I now have to figure out how to reverse that as the email will not go further than my server. But, that will be a task for when I have time on my hands. Hopefully since then she has not sent me any emails I should be responding to.
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Mug Pizza Bianca ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime @notquitenigella Click To Tweet
Not having time on my hands has become a regular feature of my life at present. And when I saw Lorraine’s recipe for a two minute mug pizza I knew straight away we would be having that for lunch. I have made it several times since then and my version is mug pizza bianca. Personally I preferred the pizza done this way, rather than with tomato sauce. I have also created a ‘bulk’ recipe. It is easier to take the pizza mix to work in a ready to go format. That together with grated cheese, a couple of tomatoes and some chorizo, you can have work lunch made and ready to eat in less than 5 minutes.
- 240g flour
- 1.25mls baking powder
- 1.25mls bicarbonate of soda
- 2.5mls salt
- 60mls pizza mix
- Pinch of mixed herbs
- 60mls milk
- 20mls olive oil
- 45mls grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 bella tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 slices chorizo
- Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Whisk to combine
- Place into a container
- Place the pizza mix, herbs, milk and olive oil into a 280ml capacity mug
- Mix using a knife to combine
- Add the cheese and microwave for 1 minute on high
- Add the tomatoes and salami and microwave for 1 minute on high
- Turn out onto a plate to eat if you want, or just spoon it out of the mug
Dave and I are overseas in Europe. We will be back at work on the 19th of September. I will start replying to comments then. I won’t be able to read any blogs while we are away so please forgive my lack of visiting back. You can follow our trip by taking a look at our holiday blog.
What I blogged September 15:
- two years ago – Whisky Sauce
- three years ago – The Man From Berlin
- four years ago – Taste Of Johannesburg Ticket Give Away
- five years ago – Clemengold Cake
- six years ago – Laksa Lemak