Italy has to be my all time favourite destination, but this only happened a year after I got married. Until then, my excursions overseas had not once included Europe. I had been to England, the United States, the Middle East, the Far East and Australia, but never to Europe. My parents decided we needed some culture and sent us on honeymoon to Switzerland and Italy. We spent time in Florence, Rome, Bologna and Milan and I vowed I would go back someday and that I would learn to speak Italian. My Italian is basic and I aim to be fluent by the end of next year. Dave and I went back to Italy in 2010 and spent most of our time in Umbria. I got the experience their markets and as we had a self catering unit for part of our time there, I could cook. It is the smells and sights and tastes of Italy that visit my kitchen the most often, with a regular Tandy Tuesday meal of pasta – cooked the way an Italian would, simply and quickly. This mushroom and Gorgonzola pasta fits the bill completely.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 rashers bacon, sliced
- 100g beech mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons cream
- small handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- while your pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a pan
- cook the bacon until the fat has rendered down
- add the mushrooms and allow to cook gently
- add the Gorgonzola and the cream and allow the Gorgonzola to melt
- add the parsley and toss the pasta through your sauce
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
I am submitting this recipe to Presto Pasta Nights