You will have to try making this orange chocolate mousse to believe that you can make a dessert with only 2 ingredients. The nice thing is that you can determine the flavour of your mousse by using different bars of chocolate. Make sure it is a decent, dark chocolate to get the best results.
I watch every single episode of Master Chef. Dave’s favourite is Master Chef The Professionals, followed closely by Master Chef UK. I am not fussy about which one as they are all inspirational in their own right. Dave will not watch the Australian version with me so this is my afternoon TV viewing. I leave the master classes for the end and watch them when I have time to spare. Usually when Dave is away for motor racing. More often than not I fast forward through the recipes if they do not interest me. Last season Heston Blumenthal presented a master class. His one recipe was for a 2 ingredient chocolate mousse. I wrote it down and stuck it onto the fridge. And there it stayed until I saw some orange chocolate on special. It was super cheap and I thought it would make for a great orange chocolate mousse.
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Orange Chocolate Mousse ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime Click To Tweet
I followed the recipe exactly how I had written it down and it failed. I could not fathom that a Heston recipe would not work. So I turned to the Google machine and found the recipe on the Waitrose website. As I trust the brand I decided to give the recipe a second go. The result was a perfect orange chocolate mousse that tasted good and took little time to prepare. Personally I feel you should have this recipe in your armoury. Something to make in a flash when you have unexpected guests. Or when you feel like a sweet treat but don’t have the time for something more elaborate.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Orange Chocolate Mousse
- 70 g chocolate I used 70% cocoa solids with an orange flavoured centre
- 55 mls very hot water
- Roughly chop your chocolate and place into a bowl
- The bowl must be small enough to fit inside another bowl that you have half filled with ice and water
- Pour the hot water over the chocolate and whisk to combine
- Once completely mixed, place the bowl into the water bath and continue whisking
- As soon as it firms up to the consistency you want it, remove from the water bath
- Serve straight away, or refrigerate to use later