I cooked this dish of pasta con gamberi (pasta with prawns) on my birthday in July! It is now September and I have reached a milestone in my blogging. I have been at it, mostly 5 days a week, for 2 years. And since moving to WordPress, I have managed 500 food related posts! You might be wondering why on earth I cooked on my birthday. Well, I got this amazing gift from Dave, my parents and my MIL:
and I could not wait to use it. I have a stand alone hand pasta machine but this one takes the cake (no pun intended). It works like a charm and is so easy to use! So, as a double celebration and without further ado, here is a great recipe for a grand occasion.
- take the heads and shells of the prawns
- heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the prawn heads and shells with the shallot, garlic and chilli
- when the shells start to colour add the fond, the white wine and ½ a cup of water
- simmer until the shells and the heads are nice and red and then pass through a sieve
- discard the solids and save the stock
- add the tinned tomatoes to the pan with the rest of the water and the marjoram and allow to simmer
- now get your pasta cooking and cut the prawns in half
- add the stock to the tomatoes and with two minutes to go, cook the prawns
- serve with the pasta and garnish with the parsley
Click on the links for conversions and notes.