Keeping to the challenge of using 5 ingredients for a pasta dish, here is my next creation. This week I made Pasta with Bacon, Chorizo, Tomatoes, Cream And Parmesan. Bacon is my favourite condiment and a staple ingredient in my fridge. The chorizo comes from a local sausage maker up the road from where we live. You will also always find tomatoes in my fridge. I love Parmesan and try and bring some back from Italy with us. If not I use a local hard cheese which has a similar texture to Parmesan. But nothing can beat the flavour of the real item.
- 200g Pasta of your choice
- 5 rashers streaky bacon, sliced
- 2 chorizo sausages sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- while you are cooking the pasta fry the bacon in a dry pan
- once crispy add the chorizo
- when the chorizo has started cooking add the tomatoes
- add the cream and parmesan
- if you need any liquid take it out of the pasta pot
- add the pasta once cook and serve
Click on the links for conversions and notes.