It is not often that I can find shallots at Woolworths, and so when I do I make sure I buy them. The last lot came all the way from Johannesburg in my suitcase, but I managed to find some locally last week. Here is a recipe for Pasta With Shallots And Sausage and cherry tomatoes for colour. I prefer to use shallots as they are sweeter and smaller than onions. Often if I cannot find them we end up cooking the entire onion and setting half aside to use at another time.
- while the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a pan
- add the garlic, chilli and shallots and cook until the shallots are transparent
- add the sausage and tomatoes
- add some liquid if necessary - I use the water that the pasta is cooking in
- remove the chilli
- add the drained pasta, garnish with the Parmesan, serve and enjoy
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
part of the Tandy Tuesday pasta day initiated by Cindy