Once a week, I try to make a totally vegetarian meal – but that does not always go to plan. Bacon is the ingredient that mostly creeps into my vegetarian plans, and this is why I made Pasta With Tomatoes, Avocado And Bacon. I prefer to call bacon a condiment. It is an ingredient you will always find in my fridge and I really use it to flavour many dishes. I have been known to make popcorn in bacon fat. And no weekend breakfast of omelette will be without bacon.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 rashers bacon, sliced
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped in big chunks
- warm the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic and the tomatoes
- take the pan off the heat and allow the tomatoes to infuse
- remove the tomatoes and garlic and return the pan to the heat
- cook the bacon until crispy
- add back the tomatoes and the avocado
- toss in the cooked pasta, season and serve
Click on the links for conversions and notes.