I made pea and bacon ravioli to go with my blue cheese sauce. There is something about blue cheese that I love! Not just the smell, which my friend’s children call ‘stinky’ but the lovely taste and texture. I have tried blue cheese from all over the world, and I love Gorgonzola, Roquefort and our very own local Blue Rock. Use the best cheese you can afford and if possible, get a local cheese – it is a good way to support your farmers.
- 200g home made pasta
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 15mls water
- 125g fresh peas
- 100g blue cheese
- pepper to season
- 30mls thick cream
- place the bacon into a pan with the water and cook until the fat is nice and crispy
- allow to cool and blend with the peas until you have a paste
- use the paste to make the filling for the ravioli
- cook the ravioli in boiling salted water for 3 minutes
- add the blue cheese to the pan that you cooked the bacon in
- season and allow to soften
- add the cream and use this as a sauce for your ravioli
Click on the links for conversions and notes.