When I saw these conchigliette (small shell shaped pasta I knew that a pea would sit beautifully in each one and so a pasta sauce was thought of before I finished shopping. Today is Tandy Tuesday and you can see Cindy’s contribution here. The main idea behind this concept is to make a pasta dish first and foremost. The second challenge is to use 5 ingredients. This is not always possible. Here I have made pea pasta.
- 100g conchigliette per person
- 15mls olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 250mls frozen peas
- 30mls crème fraîche
- while you get your pasta cooking heat the oil in a large frying pan
- sauté the onions until they are soft
- add the mushrooms and cook until they are soft
- stir in the frozen peas and as soon as they are heated add the crème fraîche
- you may need to loosen the sauce with some of the pasta water
- drain the pasta and toss through the sauce
Click on the links for conversions and notes.