I would love to win with the Hot Potato Blogger Challenge with this recipe for Potato And Anchovy Salad because I could really do with some good news!
The first time Cindy came to stay with us, she made her famous Italian-peasant anchovy and potato salad. This was something totally new to me, as I always make my potato salad with mayonnaise, pickled cucumbers and finely chopped chives. Dave and I fell in love with this salad and so for this competition I sent Cindy a message asking if I could make her potato and anchovy salad salad and blog it. She does not have the recipe up on her blog, and I went from taste memory in order to recreate the dish. I have made this potato salad often and it is always so popular. In fact, if you have friends who think their potato salad is the best, just take this dish along with you next time you visit, you will be sure to change their minds! This potato salad will stand up to any protein you put with it. It is robust and hearty and the perfect dish to serve at a BBQ.
Potato And Anchovy Salad
- 700 g new potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 100 g bottle of anchovy fillets in sunflower oil
- 20 g parsley roughly chopped
- Steam the potatoes until cooked
- Cut in half and season generously
- Place into a large bowl and set aside to cool
- Add the anchovy fillets and the oil
- Mix in gently
- Add the parsley and mix in gently
- Adjust the seasoning
Disclosure: I was invited to participate in this competition. I was provided with the potatoes I needed, together with additional pantry ingredients and vouchers to the value of R400. This post is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged June 2:
- one year ago – In My Kitchen
- two years ago – I Made It Challenge
- three years ago – Friday’s Food Quiz
- four years ago – Crayfish Curry
- five years ago – Babotie (Bobotie)