They say that a change is as good as a holiday. Well, I had a great holiday and the time away in Italy was not only a time to relax it was also a time to reflect. As I browsed through the amazing food markets in Venice, Bologna and Modena I thought about my blog and where I am heading. I might not be making physical changes to the layout – that was done when I migrated to a self hosted blog a year ago – but I am making changes to the blog schedule. Things are going to be changing around here. You will still find the same type of posts with as many original recipes as possible, however, the change is going to be visible in the days I post. I am not going to be sticking to a rigid schedule. Instead I am going to post when I can, about what I want to. New challenges are coming my way and this will dictate the flow of my blog for a while. I will try and bring you one original recipe a week that I have tried and tested at home. I will continue to post adapted recipes, like this one for raspberry sorbet, to test recipes I find in books. During our very hot summer I asked Dave what flavour sorbet he wanted for the week and he chose raspberry. I love the tartness of raspberries, and the sorbet went extremely well with the terrine that I made.
- 750g raspberries
- 90mls lemon juice
- 300mls Simple syrup
- Combine the raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor
- Process until very smooth
- Pass through a chinois, pressing lightly on the fruit with the back of a spoon
- You want as much juice as possible to pass through the sieve, but none of the solids
- Discard the solids and place the juice into the fridge overnight
- Mix the juice with the simple syrup
- Churn in your ice cream maker until thickened
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before using
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
What I blogged:
- three years ago – make a tart challenge