Everyone has their own, perfect way to cook roast chicken. I think mine is best of course – but give it a try to see if I am right!
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- rinse the inside and the skin of the chicken under cold water
- pat dry and season the cavity with salt and black pepper
- lightly coat the skin with olive oil or duck fat
- season with salt, black pepper and paprika
- stuff the cavity with the herbs, garlic and lemon
- season the chicken wings with salt, pepper and paprika
- place the chicken wings into the roasting pan and rest the chicken, breast side down on the wings
- cook, together with your choice of vegetables for between 90 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the size of the chicken
Click on the links for conversions and notes.