The foodbuzz project food blog set various tasks and it was my intention to complete all of them. But, that did not happen. Life intervened and here I am, many months later sharing my idea for the pizza challenge. The taste of this is scallop pizza is unique and I will continue to experiment with the concept of a pizza base, sauce and topping. I have a large pizza baking pan and this fed the two of us quite easily.
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- put the pizza dough into the tin and do not allow it to rise
- brush with olive oil and season with salt
- place the bacon on the pizza base
- bake for 15 minutes
- blanch the peas in boiling water with the garlic
- drain and puree together with the lemon juice
- heat the butter in a pan
- season and pan fry the scallops
- remove the pizza from the oven
- smooth on the pea puree
- add the scallops ensuring each slice will get one
- put the watercress on top of the pizza
Click on the links for conversions and notes.