We love a snoek braai and for as many families that braai snoek there must be as many recipes. Most of my friends use apricot jam, but we have a different way of doing things in our house. Here is our recipe – try it and enjoy!
- open the snoek so it is skin side down and cover the flesh with the coarse sea salt
- leave for 20 minutes and then wash off
- pat dry
- mix together the olive oil, garlic and mayonnaise
- brush this onto the flesh (if you have a really HUGE snoek, you may need more of the mixture)
- braai flesh side down until the mayonnaise starts to melt
- turnover and continue braaing until the fish is done
Click on the links for conversions and notes.