I was recently invited to take part in Sourdough Surprises but unfortunately their reveal day is the same day as my Group C reveal day for SRC. So as to not ‘miss’ out on this month’s challenge, I decided to go ahead and make the sourdough chocolate brownies, and post the recipe even though I have not joined the linky party. I am so in love with my sourdough that I will try and make anything using it. I will follow the group each month to see what their challenge is, so be sure to follow me if you want to see my progress with using my sourdough starter. These brownies are an adaptation of my trusty recipe and had a lovely deep note of chocolate to them. I used marshmallows for the ooey gooey aspect and I can tell you that there are very moreish – make a batch at the peril of your own waistline, or make them when you know you can share them out among friends and family.
do you like your brownies plain or with an addition of something else?
Sourdough Chocolate Brownies
- 125 g butter
- 100 g dark chocolate broken up
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 2.5 mls baking powder
- 125 g fructose
- 75 g fed sourdough starter
- 50 g marshmallows cut up if you cannot find small ones
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- Line a rectangular baking tin with baking paper
- Melt the butter and the chocolate over a bain-marie and mix until smooth
- In a separate bowl sift together the cocoa powder, baking powder and fructose
- Add the starter and mix in
- Add the marshmallows and mix
- Add the melted chocolate and stir well
- Add the eggs and mix in until you have a silky consistency
- Pour the mix into the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes
- The brownies must still be gooey inside when you take them out the oven
- Cool in the tray before removing and cutting into squares
What I blogged:
I am in Italy and will return to work on the 5th of June. I will reply to blog comments then. This post has been scheduled in advance. If you want to follow our daily diary while we are away, click here.