I am determined to make better use of my bread maker and so made my pasta dough in it. I am going to perfect the recipe before I share it, but if you are making it by hand it is really easy – for every 100g of pasta flour you need 1 egg and a pinch of Maldon sea salt (or equivalent quality). You need 100g per person. Simple – make the dough, knead, leave to rest for 30 minutes and then roll out. After this meal of Spinach And Ricotta Ravioli I have also bought myself a ravioli cutter to make it easier for me to get nice consistent shapes.
- rinse your spinach thoroughly but do not dry it
- place into a hot frying pan to wilt, with the garlic clove
- season well and then set aside to cool
- drain and chop
- mix in the ricotta, adjust the seasoning and set aside
- roll out your pasta to make sheets
- use a ravioli cutter to cut the shapes
- place a teaspoon of the mixture into a ravioli cut out
- place water around the edges and place another cut out on top
- seal well and dust lightly with flour
- cook for 3 minutes in boiling salted water while you make the sauce
- melt the butter in a frying pan
- add the parsley, Parmesan and cream
- when the ravioli are cooked, toss through the sauce
Click on the links for conversions and notes.