with the starter enjoyed and the main course devoured, I set my mind to how best to do strawberries and cream – without it being obvious. My friend Chantelle asked for some ‘cross aunts’ and this inspired me to make strawberry filled croissants and a strawberry mille-feuille.
all three of the ingredients were on my list of ingredients, and I did not need anything else to make my dessert
- puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- whip the cream
- cut the pastry into a square
- slice a couple of strawberries quite thickly
- place the square of pastry with one of the points facing you
- layer the strawberries across the pastry, from point to point
- now roll the pastry over the strawberries until it resembles a croissant
- tuck in the edges and shape
- bake for 22 minutes
- remember, the strawberries will be hot so do not enjoy straight away!
- at the same time as you are baking the croissant place two rectangular pieces of puff pastry into the oven
- when they have cooled pipe on a generous layer of cream onto one piece
- layer on the strawberries
- place the second piece of puff pastry on the top
Click on the links for conversions and notes.