Woolworths have just launched a new range of pork sausages and as we enjoyed these so much on our visit to England in 2009 I decided to try them. We always have a tomato and onion relish to go with sausages or boerewors and it is so easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon basil olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar I used fructose
- 125g tomatoes, sliced
- 2.5cm root ginger, peeled and crushed in the garlic crusher
- a splash of balsamic vinegar reduction - I use a flavoured one!
- heat the oil and add the onions and the sugar
- fry on a low heat until the onions are very well cooked but not burnt!
- add the tomatoes and the ginger
- as soon as the tomatoes start to break down add the balsamic vinegar
- serve and enjoy!
Click on the links for conversions and notes.